WARRANTY AND REGISTRATION
CAMPTECH PRODUCTS LIMITED WARRANTY FOR TRADITIONAL AND AIR AWNINGS
At Camptech Products we like to pride ourselves in the product we produce and the performance of our product for your satisfaction. Camptech Products warrants its products to be free from defects in the manufacture of its material and workmanship under usual use and service.
This warranty will not cover and will be voided by non-recommend use, improper installation or physical damage. Camptech Products will not be liable for any consequential or incidental damages caused.
Your Camptech Products warranty may not be covered in all cases, such as how the product is used or where the product was purchased from. Please review the warranty and contact the manufacturer should you have any questions.
NOT COVERED UNDER THE 12 MONTHS CAMPTECH PRODUCTS LIMITED WARRANTY
- MISUSE: Using the product beyond its intended purposes, for example using touring and light weight awnings on permanent pitching. Camptech Products should give you years of trouble free use, as long the product is used for the correct purpose and has been maintained.
- UV DEGRADATION: Deterioration of fabrics can be weakened by prolonged exposure to sunlight, using the product for the intended purpose will give you long service. Used beyond the products purpose in periods of strong sunlight will soon cause deterioration.
- UNAUTHORISED: Repairs or Alterations without Camptech approval will make your warranty exempt.
- DEFECTS: Arising from neglect and misuse or storm damage of the product will not be covered under the warranty. Camptech Products recommend that you insure you product against storm and accidental damage. Camptech Products recommend that in the event of snow fall and during very strong winds that the product is taken down.
- COST: Will be incurred if not a valid warranty claim.
- WEAR AND TEAR: Some general wear and tear is to be expected with product over time, if used properly your awning should give you years of trouble free use. Camptech Products stocks a compressive range of spare parts so in most cases parts can be replaced. Please contact your dealer you purchased the product from should you require spare parts.
- ALL-SEASON PRODUCTS: Have been designed for use on seasonal pitches, consequential losses of storm damage will not be covered.
- CONDENSATION: This is not a fault of the product, but due to uncontrollable atmospheric conditions.
- PERMANENT, SEASONAL, SEMI-PERMANENT OR COMMERCIAL USE: Our products are designed for touring use; they are not designed for static or commercial use, unless otherwise stated.
- PHOTOS: You must take photos of the issue you might be having and pass these onto the retailer, in any case of a warranty claim photos will always be required, if these are provided with the initial report in some cases this could speed up your warranty claim.
- TRANSPORTATION AND OWNERSHIP: Should the product need to be returned to the manufacturer, ownership of the product will be yours until received by the manufacturer. Any returns must be on a tracked service. You are only permitted to send back the item consisting the fault unless advised otherwise. Any items lost which we have not authorised to be returned will be at your cost. Any shipping charges incurred by the manufacturer for non-warranty issues will be chargeable.
- IN THE CASE OF STORM DAMAGE THE PRODUCT WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY
REPORTING A CLAIM
REPORTING AN ISSUE: If an issue arises please take images before you report this to your retailer as soon as possible, your supplier will complete an inspection form and attach photos this will then be sent to Camptech, delay in reporting an issue may change the outcome of the solution.
ALL RETURNED PARTS MUST ONLY BE SENT IN A CLEAN & DRY CONDTION. WE ENSERVE THE RIGHT TO REJECT PRODUCTS RECEIVED WET OR DIRTY, WE WILL CHARGE 20% OF THEIR TRADE VALUE TO DRY THEM.
VISIBLE MANUFACTURING FAULTS: If you experience a manufacturing fault this needs to be reported within 3 months of purchase to the retailer you purchased the product from.
ACTION TAKEN: Once all stages of the warranty procedure have been completed the issue will be dealt with in 21 days (peak season this could run over). Please note that we must warrant within this time scale and we cannot service products with issues kept after this notification period. Keeping the issue up after this period will affect the outcome.
The first six months
- If you discover the fault within the first six months of having the product, it is presumed to have been there since the time you took ownership of it – unless the retailer can prove otherwise.
- If an attempt at repair or replacement has failed, you have the right to reject the goods for a full refund or price reduction if you wish to keep the product.
- The retailer can’t make any deductions from your refund in the first six months following an unsuccessful attempt at repair or replacement unless you agree a discount.
- The only exception to this rule is motor vehicles where the retailer may make a reasonable reduction for the use you’ve already had of the vehicle after the first 30 days.
- If you’d prefer to keep the goods in question, you can request an appropriate price reduction.
Six months or more
- If a fault develops after the first six months, this will be your responsibility to prove that the product was faulty at the time you took ownership of it.
- In practice, this may require some form of expert report, opinion or evidence of similar problems across the product range.
- After 6 months the retailer has the right not to issue a full refund.
- After 6 months the retailer has the right to repair/replace or partial refund depending if the issue is covered under warranty.
Customer information of purchase
- When you purchase a product from a retailer you have a contract with them.
- The retailer should not refuse to deal with you if you have a valid complaint and should not refer you to the manufacturer within the warranty period.
- Some manufacturers charge a call out fee but will refund if the item is found to have a manufacturing defect.